Friday, May 13, 2011

Victory Hop Devil IPA

Victory Hop Devil out of Pennsylvania, great beer both on tap and out of bottle. I have had both and would agree that the off tap is a lot better. Like most beers it exhibits a lot more hop aroma and flavor, but the bottle still does this beer justice. It pours a fantastic bright golden amber color with a nice thick, chewy head. I will say that I think this bottle was slightly over carbonated, after the first two sips I was already burping. After a few swirls around the glass the beer settled down and was very drinkable. The aroma was slightly hoppy with hints of citrus, pine, and a little spice. There was slight malt notes that shined through the hops to give the aroma a nice balance. This balance did translate to the taste as well, with very nice malty, bready, almost biscuit flavors balanced out by the hop bitterness. This is one of my favorite IPA's that I have tried and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. I give Hop Devil  9 out of 10 Suds. Great work Victory I look forward to trying more of your beers in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment