Monday, May 16, 2011

Anchor Steam

Not a stranger to most people, this beer is one for the ages. It pours a great dark gold almost amber color, with a nice thick creamy slightly off white head. The aroma strikes me as malty, bready, with slight hop characteristics. Malt is defiantly the top dog in this beer as it should be. It has a nice light mouth feel, but still holds great complexities. You can taste the malt as it hits your lips as well as on the way to your stomach. The after taste lends itself to a more refreshed feel than anything with a slight dryness. I have always been impressed with the work of Anchor Brewing Co. and I can now finally get my hands on more of their great beer here in Wisconsin. This is a great beer that has defined a style and that has weathered the ages and for that I give Anchor Steam a 9 out of 10 suds.

No comments:

Post a Comment