Friday, May 13, 2011

Left Hand Brewing Co. 400 Pound Monkey

I was very excited to try this beer, I have been trying to locate it for some time and finally got my hands on this one. 400 Pound monkey is classified as an English style India Pale Ale. From the first pour this beer challenged my every sense. It poured a very bright yellow orange color with a nice thick white head, about two fingers high. I was suspecting something just a bit darker more in the range of copper to gold. The smell was very strange, I got hints of grass, musk, perhaps vegetables. It was like nothing I have ever smelt before, so it kind of threw me for a loop. The taste was rather pleasing, there were hints of bread, malt, yeast, and a nice balanced bitterness. Hops did not dominate this one as much as I thought they would have, but it still was a very drinkable, full bodied beer. Overall, this beer was quite the journey of the senses. From the color, to the smell, and finishing up on the taste, this beer took me for one exciting journey. Left Hand Brewing Co. 400 Pound Monkey gets 8 out of 10 Suds.

No comments:

Post a Comment