Monday, May 23, 2011

Ska Brewing Modus Hoperandi

Words just can't do this beer justice. I first tasted this beer from a bartender at my local brewery in town and was blown away. I quickly got on the Internet and searched for this beer and found out they distributed to the Chicago area. 30 seconds later I am on the phone with my friend and directing him to the nearest stores where they sell Ska products. Ever since then he has been supplying me with this great beer. As for the important stuff, once you pop the top of the can you will be hit in the face with hops. I got a lot of citrus, slight pine and on the end a slight malt sweetness, but mostly hops dominate this beer. As I poured it into  glass it was a nice golden amber color with slight haze, but for the most part clear. The head retention is great, very tight bubble formation, with foam left after each drink. It was a very drinkable beer for how much hops I got on the nose. Slightly sweet, medium body, and a nice hop bitterness without being overwhelming. Overall, this beer quickly became my favorite IPA of all time and most certainly the best beer in a can I have ever had. I give Ska Brewing's Modus Hoperandi IPA a 9.5 out of 10 suds. Lets get Ska in Wisconsin ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment